SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Want to make sure you know about the next private sale? The latest new hot spots and places to hang out in Abu Dhabi? Join our community to be the first to know. Register to our newsletter, thousands of readers have signed up already!
Our guide to the 23-day Dubai Food Festival that is spread across the entire city.
In the last few years the UAE has rapidly established itself as a food destination in the region. Both Abu Dhabi and Dubai have seen a growth in the number of different food-related concepts that have arrived. Everything from celebrated Michelin Star eateries to local home-grown initiatives, and of course the locally grown, organic revolution-Abu Dhabi and Dubai have it all.
February 2015 is definitely an exciting month for all the UAE foodies as Dubai is hosting the 2nd Edition of the annual Dubai Food Festival 2015 in celebration of its gastronomical journey.
The Festival is organized by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) that prides itself in promoting the diversity, creativity and multicultural nature of food in Dubai.
Spread across the entire city (from Creekside all the way to new Dubai), this is a celebration of the culinary journey and of course a homage to those who have helped bring it this far. The 23-day event is all about food, so there is an impressive line-up of different activities all planned around it. There will be consumer and trade events, activities, promotions and appearances by food celebrities.
One of the major highlights will be the Beach Canteen, set-up at the shores of Kite Beach, expect to find local cafes and food heroes serving up delicious items inside containers. Recently, the food truck revolution has also become popular in Dubai and we personally can’t wait to follow these vintage trucks as they make four different stops around Dubai.
There is so much to see, explore and of course eat throughout this month, so make sure you are ready for it all!
Below is a complete schedule of The Dubai Food Festival 2015 with the key dates, activities and venues across Dubai:
1. Beach Canteen, 6 – 28 February, Kite Beach, Jumeirah
2. Ripe Food & Craft Market – Deli Section Launch, 6 February, Zabeel Park
3. Food & Film, 8 – 28 February, Various outdoor locations throughout the city
4. Food Truck Convoy, Weekdays in February, Sundays: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Mondays: Dubai International Academic City, Tuesdays: JLT Park, Wednesdays: Dubai Media City, Thursdays: Dubai Studio City, 11:30am – 4pm
5. Gulfood, 8 – 12 February, Dubai World Trade Center
6. Mystery Dining Tours, 9, 14, 17, 18, 23 February, Various locations
7. Dine On The Creek, 10, 18 and 23 February, Dubai Creek
8. Dubai Food Carnival, 12 – 14 February, Dubai International Marine Club
9. Taste of Peru, 12 – 14 February, Madinat Jumeirah Amphitheatre
10. Street Food Photography Exhibition, Dates throughout February, Dubai Airport
11. Global Restaurant Investment Forum, 16 – 18 February, Conrad Dubai
12. 2015 Middle East Food & Travel Blogger Conference, 20 February, A4 Space and Gulf Photo Plus, Alserkal Avenue
13. Fatafeat Kitchen, 20 – 21 February, Lafayette Gourmet, Galeries Lafayette, The Dubai Mall
14. Street Nights, 20 – 21 February, Street 4B, Al Quoz
15. Masala! Food Fair, 20 – 21 February, Zabeel Park
16. What’s On Black Hat Guide Launch, 22 February, Cargo – Pier 7
17. Made In Dubai, 27 – 28 February, Zabeel Park
18. Urban Farm, 28 February – Creekside, Bur Dubai
Check out this insightful infographic that gives us all details about the Dubai Food Festival 2015.
Dubai Food Festival 2015
6th-28th February, 2015
Join our WhatsApp group and receive curated news and offers in your WhatsApp Feed