SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Want to make sure you know about the next private sale? The latest new hot spots and places to hang out in Abu Dhabi? Join our community to be the first to know. Register to our newsletter, thousands of readers have signed up already!
This year, The Sharjah Light Festival 2020 is back with 19 locations to visit across the emirate, between the 5th and the 15th of February 2020!
The Sharjah Light Festival, a cultural and artistic event that celebrates the emirate’s achievements in the fields of education, knowledge, and innovation, will run this year from February 5th to the 15th. The latest edition of this unique spectacle will mark a decade of creativity and excellence in harnessing technological capabilities in the field of lighting to produce stunning imageries that tell the story of Sharjah.
The Sharjah Light Festival 2020 is set to present fascinating shows that will light up the emirate, attracting those looking to explore the authentic history and heritage of this region. Last year, the 2019 edition of the festival attracted more than 1,200,000 visitors, to revel in impressive light shows.
The Sharjah Light Festival 2020 will officially kick off on 5th February with a show on the architectural icon, Sharjah City Municipality building, narrating the history of Arab culture and its impact on the past and present. Sharjah’s most prominent architectural landmarks will transform into canvases for light shows that portray the emirate’s position as the meeting point of world civilizations for 11 consecutive nights till 15 February.
The latest edition of the Festival will be held in 19 sites spread across the emirate, including Al Dhaid, Khorfakkan and Dibba Al-Hisn on the east coast, which will feature creations of talented international and local artists, who have previously demonstrated their expertise at various similar international festivals.
The Festival comprises new locations every year as well as innovations in light technology and unique collaborations.
The 10th edition of the Sharjah Light Festival will witness the participation of students from the American University of Sharjah and the University of Sharjah, as a part of knowledge transfer and reflecting community involvement in the important events that are held in the emirate.
This year, the Festival will also include 3 interactive shows, two of them at Al Majaz Waterfront and one on the facade of the University City Hall.
The interactive show at University City Hall will feature a blend of video mapping technologies and augmented virtual reality to create an illusion of traveling around the world, inspired by the unique elements of Sharjah. These shows, which use a remote-control panel, will provide the public with the chance to be part of the experience by allowing them to change the features of the show, thereby, changing the atmosphere with each experience.
A major live show will be held daily at the Al Majaz Waterfront at 9 pm, featuring the participation of a group of international teams that will dazzle the audience with their artistry, before concluding with a breathtaking firework display over Khalid Lagoon.
Here are the 19 different locations of the Sharjah Light Festival 2020
Details about exact locations and show descriptions here: https://www.sharjahlightfestival.ae/en/shows/#show-1632
- University City Hall | Planet Sharjah
- American University of Sharjah | A Journey from Sharjah to America
- Sharjah Police Academy | Jungle Book
- University of Sharjah | A Student’s Day in Sharjah
- Sharjah Mosque | Light Celebration
- Sharjah City Municipality | Glorious Sharjah
- Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority | An Endless Journey
- Al Majaz Waterfront | Waves of Light, Resonance & Kontakt
- Masjid Al Noor | A Cosmic Trip
- Al Qasba | The Return of the Little Giant
- Omran Taryam Square | The Snowdome
- Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry | Light & Painting Emotions
- Al Hamriyah Area Municipality | Traveling Across Time
- Al Wousta TV Building (Al Dhaid) | A Light Guide
- University of Sharjah- Kalba | Forever Young
- House of Justice – Khorfakkan | Paradoptical
- Arab Academy for Science | Maritime Heritage
- Technology and Maritime Transport – Khorfakkan
- and Masjid Sheikh Rashid bin Ahmad Al Qasimi (Dibba Al-Hisn) | Arabic Fusion
Daily shows will be held in all locations from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm during weekdays, and from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight on Thursdays and Fridays.
You can find all details about the Festival (details about each show, timings, location maps) on their website here: https://www.sharjahlightfestival.ae/
Join our WhatsApp group and receive curated news and offers in your WhatsApp Feed