SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Want to make sure you know about the next private sale? The latest new hot spots and places to hang out in Abu Dhabi? Join our community to be the first to know. Register to our newsletter, thousands of readers have signed up already!
Economical and easy to use, here are our top 5 reasons to embrace the slow cooker
Slow cookers are cheap to buy, economical to use and they’re great for making the most of budget ingredients. They offer a healthier, low-fat method of cooking for the minimum amount of effort. Even better, the long cooking times mean that dishes have a rich depth of flavor and meat comes out juicy and tender. Really, what’s not to love?
Here are our top 5 reasons to embrace the slow cooker and get the benefits of slow cooking.
- The slow cooker (or crock pot) offers “all-day cooking without looking.” Most meat and vegetable combinations can cook for 8 to 10 hours unattended.
- Food doesn’t overcook or burn if left longer than required. Food cooked slowly will become tender after prolonged cooking and liquids do not boil away as in conventional methods of cooking.
- The one-step preparation makes it extremely convenient. Simply put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook.
- The slow cooker is economical to operate. Low wattage over an extended period costs less than high wattage for a short time.
- A wide variety of foods can be prepared. Less tender cuts of meat cook with less shrinkage and therefore, are moist and tender.
Good things take time !!
Join our WhatsApp group and receive curated news and offers in your WhatsApp Feed